It's a quick and simple recipe, as hummus recipes usually are, and has a nice little kick of olive that isn't overwhelming.
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed (try to get the chick peas that just have water and chick peas, with no other ingredients listed.)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 12 black olives (or olives of your choice). If you want more of an olive flavour, use more - I found that for this amount of hummus, 12 did the job nicely!
- Salt of choice, to taste (I used about 1 tsp)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (normally I'd use lemon juice for hummus, but the apple cider vinegar really helps with bringing out the flavour of the olives)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or a high-powered blender.
- Eat, and enjoy! :) (See? I told you it was easy...)
|The ingredients, in all their glory!|
|Drizzle with a little bit of evoo, and top with an olive. <3|